If you’re an entrepreneur, at some point you have to put on your “sales and marketing” hat. All good entrepreneurs are marketers, even if by default.
The fundamentals of marketing are always going to be the same, but with the landscape changing at the speed of technology, what matters most now is how one activates the fundamentals.
In the digital era, marketing for financial advisors has a new set of rules.
“The world has shifted from outbound to inbound marketing techniques,” Craig Faulkner, founder of digital marketing firm FMG Suite, told the audience at Schwab’s Impact conference here.
“Advisors still need to go out and meet people,” he said. “But they also need people to want to come to them in the digital world.”
Faulkner spoke Thursday at a conference session titled “Four Steps to Inbound Marketing Success: Leveraging Digital Media to Acquire Clients.”
Video plays a much larger role in small business marketing than ever before. The visual power of videos let small business owners convey messages much faster than they can through written content. We put together a step-by-step guide to help you start integrating videos into your marketing plan. But first, let’s take a closer look at the power of video on the Web.
Brian Adams, who sells fireplaces in Indianapolis, is like many of the nation’s small-business owners. As the cost of providing health benefits has climbed, he has struggled to afford coverage for his employees.
The easiest and best way of growing customers is not to lose them. An average business makes a loss of about 20 percent of customers every year, on not being able to attend to customer relationships. The leakage can be as high as about 80 percent. The cost is staggering, yet only a few businesses can truly understand these implications.
Launching an email automation solution takes some work. But it doesn’t need to be complicated—and you probably already understand the process and its benefits better than you know.
The online ad industry is buzzing about the potential of digital video. According to a recent Forrester report, video ads will represent half of all online display ad dollars within the next five years.
Recently, Copyblogger made a shocking announcement: they were killing their Facebook page, even though they had 38,000 fans. Interestingly, this follows their decision earlier this year to close comments on their blog as well.
- Does The WP Auto Tagger Plugin Help Or Hurt Your WordPress SEO? November 7, 2010
- The Value of “YouTube Marketing Power” January 21, 2014
- 5 Location-Based Mobile Marketing Tools for Small Businesses January 19, 2014
- 10 Online Marketing Predictions To Inform Your Strategy in 2014 January 16, 2014
- Marketing Strategies For Achieving Business Growth January 15, 2014
- How To Import Your WordPress.com To Your Self Hosted WordPress September 18, 2015
- How To Import Your WordPress.com To Your Self Hosted WordPress Part 2 September 18, 2015
- Small Business Marketing: How to Manage Your Web Developer August 12, 2015
- 22 Marketing Ideas For Small Businesses With Limited Budgets August 11, 2015
- 8 Outside the Box Marketing Ideas Your Business Should Try in 2015 August 4, 2015