You really are not in the business you think you are in. That might sound strange but it couldn’t be more true. Whether you’re a chiropractor, mechanic, entertainer, plumber, contractor, attorney or any other self employed entrepreneur THAT is NOT the business you are in. If you think so you are dead WRONG! To be […]
Tag Archives | Marketing
When it comes to marketing, small business owners are frequently at a disadvantage. It’s harder than ever for smaller companies to cover even the basics with a small budget, yet the need to identify and communicate effectively with prospective customers is no less important than it is for the big companies with million dollar budgets. […]
Each January, Americans make a list of resolutions to help them live a better life throughout the year. Whether those resolutions are to lose weight or get out of debt, a new year provides the opportunity to begin with a clean slate. Since we all know that the first step toward realizing our goals is […]
Facebook still holds big potential for small business marketers. A study by the Pew Research Center’s Internet Project shows that Facebook remains the most dominant social networking platform and is a place small businesses should still be devoting their online marketing efforts toward. Specifically, 71 percent percent of online adults are now Facebook users, a […]
As the world of marketing evolves and becomes more complex, one has to wonder how small business owners can stay abreast of what marketing trends are emerging, never mind figure out which are worth investing in for their particular situation. Let me offer some help. First, as you update (or create) your marketing plan for […]
Today’s consumers are more mobile-dependent than ever before. In fact, according to Pew Internet, 91 percent of American adults own a cell phone, 56 percent own a smartphone and 35 percent of Americans over the age of 16 own a tablet. Mobility has become an integral part of our culture with users checking email, shopping […]
One of my favorite songs from the 80’s is from the movie “Rocky 4” called “No Easy Way Out” by Robert Tepper.
We use to play this song in the cover band I was in and I got to sing it. What a rush that was.
I know… I know… you’re asking me what this has to do with marketing… well…everything. (and it’s sounds a lot more fun than saying “there’s no free lunch in this biz..doesn’t it -:))
The last several weeks my kids (6 and 8 years old) and I have been going roller-skating. As I watch them cruise by over and over again it made me think of some of the parallels between roller-skating and marketing. Trust me, it wasn’t the first thing I thought of, survival was first, but eventually I got around to marketing -:).
- Does The WP Auto Tagger Plugin Help Or Hurt Your WordPress SEO? November 7, 2010
- The Value of “YouTube Marketing Power” January 21, 2014
- 5 Location-Based Mobile Marketing Tools for Small Businesses January 19, 2014
- 10 Online Marketing Predictions To Inform Your Strategy in 2014 January 16, 2014
- Marketing Strategies For Achieving Business Growth January 15, 2014
- How To Import Your WordPress.com To Your Self Hosted WordPress September 18, 2015
- How To Import Your WordPress.com To Your Self Hosted WordPress Part 2 September 18, 2015
- Small Business Marketing: How to Manage Your Web Developer August 12, 2015
- 22 Marketing Ideas For Small Businesses With Limited Budgets August 11, 2015
- 8 Outside the Box Marketing Ideas Your Business Should Try in 2015 August 4, 2015